Monday, September 12, 2011

Reflection





It's 4am and I still can't sleep... so I just decided to visit my blog and write something.  The topic at church last Sunday is indeed an eye-opening for me. It reminded me of the "many" things I tend to forget and historically has been neglecting.  


I think this is the best time to think, ponder and reflect. This is the best time to have that 'quiet time' again. I'm sure there's a reason why I woke up at the middle of the night. As much as I want to go back to bed and sleep, there is this force that keeps saying 'stay awake, stay awake'... and so here I am, writing.


I've been wanting to really have that time to reflect. I once told a friend that I just need to have a long hour ride,  sitting on a bus, seeing trees and stuff, going nowhere.  I just need that time alone, my 'ME-time' cause all I want to do is to think and reflect. Deeply. 


Why is there a need for reflection? I think that moment in life where you need to stop for a while, take some time off of your busy life and ponder about things is necessary to assess who you are now and what have you become. Having a time for reflection is like facing a mirror and seeing your real yourself - no inhibitions, no pretensions, just the REAL you.


It has been  9 long years... from the day I started my relationship with You. And like any other relationship, I want THIS to last. Things have changed but I want a portion of my old self to be back again.


Hoping.

No comments: