Friday, November 11, 2011

Abraham’s School of Finance : COVENANT

Week 1 : COVENANT


This month's topic at church will be all about Abraham’s School of Finance. And last week, we discussed about COVENANT.  Before I share with you what I have learned, I just want to post first some questions which are relevant to this topic.


1. What is a covenant?
2. Why do we need to understand Abraham’s covenant?  How is that gonna effect my life today?
3. What are the blessings included in that covenant with Abraham?


These are the questions that you need to answer after you finish reading my blog :)


Now, let's define first what is COVENANT. I'll explain this by stating the difference between Covenant and Contract.


After seeing what covenant means, I'll walk you through Genesis 12:1-3 and see the covenant between God and Abraham.


Genesis 12:1-3

 1 The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
 2 “I will make you into a great nation, 
   and I will bless you; 
I will make your name great, 
   and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you, 
   and whoever curses you I will curse; 
and all peoples on earth 
   will be blessed through you.”

Here, we can learn that :

1. GOD INITIATES THE COVENANT 

Genesis 12:1 Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.

Genesis 12:4 So Abram went, as the LORD had told him; 



2. GOD STATES/DECLARES THE COVENANT

Genesis 12: 2 “I will make you into a great nation (IDENTITY)and I will bless you (PROSPERITY)I will make your name great (PROMINENCE)and you will be a blessing (INFLUENCE).

Genesis 2: 3  I will bless those who bless you (FAVOR)and whoever curses you I will curse (PROTECTION)and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you (GENEROSITY).”

3. GOD FULFILLS HIS COVENANT

Genesis 15: 3 And Abram said, “You have given me no children; so a servant in my household will be my heir.”

Lord's answer :
 Genesis 15:4 Then the word of the LORD came to him: “This man will not be your heir, but a son who is your own flesh and blood will be your heir.”


Genesis 15:6 Abram believed the LORD, and he credited it to him as righteousness.

Genesis 12:1-2 1 Now the LORD was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did for Sarah what he had promised. 2 Sarah became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham in his old age, at the very time God had promised him.




THOUGHTS...

* God has the ability to fulfill what he promise in His right time. Whatever He promise, He will fulfill. 

*Leave the familiar and go to the unknown

*Abraham believed God, will you believe the Word of God?

*You have not, because you ask not.

*I am an heir, I will claim my inheritance.





No comments: