Sunday, October 23, 2011

Blueprint : Man and Woman

Today is my first time to attend the Sunday Worship Service at Victory Pioneer. My friend Aris has been inviting me for the nth time but because of so many reasons I never make it. 


I woke up at 9am to attend the 11am service. Aris told me he'll be a bit late and I asked if he has friends there that will be attending the same service. "The Lord was the one who invited you, you are very much welcome there" he says- I know he has a point and it's really the Lord that I want to meet.  Actually, I was really excited. I was a bit early and waited for like 10minutes at the entrance.


...and the door opens... I sat at the back corner in between two girls. The praise and worship was amazing, I cried. I felt the presence of the Lord. Every lyrics of the songs seems to be destined for me - in my current situation. (I'm not familiar with the first 2 songs, but I was deeply touched. I can't control my tears flowing from my eyes. I felt His love, it was amazing).


I missed that feeling and I can't believe I experiencing it again. I am alive again.


The main message of the service is about BLUEPRINT : Man and Woman / Destined for Leadership. The church is actually at the end part of the series of studying BLUEPRINT - it's all about design, model, plan. And where else can we find the blueprint that the Lord has prepared for us?  - only in His Word, the BIBLE. 


Now, I would like to share with you what I have learned earlier. 


1. MAN AND WOMAN are created EQUAL


In Genesis 1:27 the Bible says...

So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;  male and female he created them.

**God created man and woman with the same value and importance. Both man and woman are important to God.

2. Though created equal, they are given unique roles and responsibilities

ROLE OF A MAN - Headship

a. Adam was created FIRST

Genesis 2:7
Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

Genesis 2:22
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.


b. Adam was given the command FIRST 
-God is expecting Adam to LEAD
-If you are a man, God is expecting you to lead
-Leading is instructing about the ways of the Lord
-It's not about personality, it's about responsibility
-God is expecting Adam to have a loving and humble leadership

Genesis 3:9
But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

Genesis 2:19
 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.




ROLE OF A WOMAN - suitable helper and partner

Genesis 2:18
The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.”

*Suitable  - fitted/complimentary; never to look down as a lesser.
*Helpmeet - compliments/counterpart
*Woman should SUPPORT the man to LEAD

I thank the Lord for His Word today.I was reminded about my roles and responsibilities  as a woman. The Lord also impressed in my heart what a man should be like. A man of God should lead, that's the design that the Lord created in His blueprint. Whether married or single, it is important for a man to lead the relationship. And by saying that it means leading the family or woman to be more close to God, leading them to grow in faith. Leading them by showing how it be like Christ, imitating the mind of Christ.

My heart is rejoicing now, thank you Lord! You are the GREATEST!












No comments: