Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 2 of 42

Hebrews 12:1-3

 1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2 fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

Good morning everyone! What a great way to start my morning. 

1. The Lord reminded me today that... - v1 I am surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses.  Brothers and sisters in Christ that can help me grow spiritually. People that I can account myself into. I just need a fellowship - I need to give time.

2. Things that the Lord wants me to do :
     - v1 throw off everything that hinders 
     - v1 throw off sin that easily entangles

The Lord says throw off EVERYTHING that hinders, not just SOME things. It's hard, it will be tough but I need to obey. All I need right now is complete and total surrender. I need to entrust everything to God. 

I need to throw off everything that hinders me from being close to Him, sins that hinder me from  knowing Him more. I need to let go, I need to let Him TAKE CONTROL.

     v1 let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us

I am not an athlete but I do run the race - I need to run with perseverance. I only have one goal, to reach the finish line. 

     -v2 fix our eyes on Jesus

Fixing my eyes on Jesus is the next thing. Looking at myself now, I know I have fixed my eyes on things that are not eternal. I focused more looking outwardly and not considering the things that are much more important and rewarding. Thank you Lord for this reminder. Thank you for opening my eyes again, I want to see more of You.

3. The Lord wants me to know Him more :
     - He is the pioneer and perfecter of faith
     - He  endured the cross
     - He scorned its shame
     - He sat down at the right hand of the throne of God

4. The Lord wants me to learn from others : consider him who endured such opposition from sinners.

He is faithful, He showed great faithfulness that was manifested through the lives of other people.  I know He'll do the same to me. 

5.  The Lord does not want me to : 
     - grow weary
     - lose heart




***What a beautiful Word! Have a great day everyone! :)

No comments: