Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 6 of 42 : Training!

1 Timothy 4:8


For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.


I started running last night. I thought this would be a great avenue to finish my first 5K marathon on November 6. I haven't done any formal running event and I know without proper preparation it would be really hard for me to race. I have to condition myself, set the pace, stretch those muscles. I need to set a bodily discipline  - all these in order for me to finish the race. 


But in this marathon of life, physical training is not the only thing that we need, we also need to train for godliness. Godly living helps in every way, it has value for all things. It is profitable for the life that now is and of that which is to come.


*Are you ready to train?



No comments: